Ooh Can I Touch It?

1.10.2012

The Struggle

 
   This New Year has thrown me a slew of obstacles and it has been a struggle, as I'm sure it has for some of you. I hope that you haven't forgotten about me and OCITI. I'm still here, I am alive and breathing even when I am not blogging. Even in my worst moments I'm going to try to keep blogging. I promise to not disappear for so long again.
   What have I been doing?I've been working out a lot. I've been reading a lot of books. A few of them are, "The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav and "Homegirls and Handgrenades" by Sonia Sanchez. I've been talking with friends and professionals --planning my next step. And at this point there is no place to go but up. I have been freed from my employment. Now, at least, I have time for fun and personal growth and of course, more time to do my hair --but money doesn't fall from the sky. It's been a struggle but that's what life is. I've been through this before and I will make it through again.

P.S. The turban knot that I have affixed to the front of my forehead is the only knot that stays on my head throughout the night. You do need a pretty large rectangular scarf to have a sizable knot in the front of the head. It's fun, easy, and cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something,